Construction of the Northamptonshire County Golf Course began in April 1909 and the course was opened for play the following year.
The original 18 holes were designed by the distinguished golf course architect, Harry S Colt, who also designed Wentworth and Sunningdale. The course has stood the test of time very well as relatively few major alterations have been made to it since; the most notable of which were carried out by James Braid, in 1947, when the pattern and arrangement of many bunkers were altered and the 18th green was relocated to its present position in front of the clubhouse.
The course is a traditional heathland golf course with undulating woodland, gorse, heather and fine pine woods. A further 3 splendid holes designed by top course architect, Cameron Sinclair, were opened in May 2004. These now provide a 9 hole loop returning to the clubhouse, for those wishing to play 9 or 27 holes.
From the golf club website