The Osaka Golf Club covers about 800,000 square meters of the coastal and hilly areas of Tannowa, Sennan-gun, Osaka Prefecture, along the Nankai Railway.
The club's 6,700-yard, par 72 championship course was completed and opened for play in 1938. It was designed by Osamu Ueda, who oversaw construction across complicated terrain adjacent to the coast. Moreover, since the site belonged to Yura Fortress at that time, permission from the military was required for surveying, clearing, logging, photography, etc., and pine trees and shrubs were thickly overgrown along the coast, making course construction difficult.
The completed "Osaka Golf Club Fuke Tannowa Course" became the only seaside course championship course in the Kanto region along with the Kawana Fuji course in the Kanto region, and attracted attention as one of the most difficult courses in Japan.
From golf club website.